of Yoga in
The Iyengar Yoga Center of San Diego is located in the beautiful Ocean Beach community of San Diego, California, just 3 blocks from the Pacific Ocean and 10 minutes from the San Diego Airport. Established in 1979, IYCSD is among the longest running Iyengar Yoga center in the Western United States.
The Center is fully equipped with a large rope wall and props to accommodate classes of up to 40 students. All IYCSD instructors are certified to teach in the Iyengar method and have completed at least 7 years of training prior to being certified. Our instructors have over 100 years of combined teaching experience!
Visitors to our Center will be impressed by the wide array of activities available in the Ocean Beach area. Affordable lodging, dining and a great organic co-op are located nearby. OB boasts a laid-back atmosphere, walk-to-everywhere lifestyle, cozy cottages, beach bungalows and an eclectic mix of mom-and-pop shops. Click to find lists of our local attractions, accommodations and vegan/vegetarian friendly restaurants and markets.
Come and visit us, practice yoga and enjoy the vibe!
- 1979 - IYCSD is established in Ocean Beach.
- 1984 - BKS Iyengar visits and teaches at the Center.
- 1989 - Ariane Hudson, Jenny Snick Leavens, Mary Obendorfer and Jo Zuckovich assume leadership of IYCSD.
- 1990 - San Diego hosts “Yoga 90” Iyengar Convention. BKS Iyengar visits the Center again with his daughter, Sunita.
- 1992 - Mary Obendorfer & Eddy Marks becomes sole directors of IYCSD
- 1996 - Mary & Eddy offer their first Iyengar Teacher Training course at IYCSD
- 2012 - National Teachers Convention is held in San Diego
- 2019 - IYCSD celebrates its 40th Anniversary
Brand new? Or experienced? You'll find a class to meet your needs.
Membership & Pricing
Take your yoga practice to the next level with our monthly membership packages which include:
- Unlimited classes
- Discounts on workshops
- Free guest passes & more!