Yoga in France
June 20-24, 2024 - Eddy & Mary
Join us in the picturesque medieval town of Beaune, Burgundy, for a yoga vacation set amidst the vineyards of ‘La France profonde.’ Wake up, do yoga in the morning and still have plenty of time to enjoy the day. Relax in the evenings with a specially tailored restorative asana & pranayama class.
Eddy Marks & Mary Obendorfer are certified Iyengar Yoga Level 4 teachers (Advanced level) who teach worldwide.
20 hours of classes with plenty of time between classes to explore the lovely town of Beaune and the Burgundian countryside. Mary & Eddy will co-teach each class so you will get plenty of attention. A beautiful, newly renovated studio equipped with props just a 5 minute walk from the town center.
Owner/chef Jérôme will create a special vegetarian/vegan meal for us at his popular restaurant “La Roma”.
Intimate, friendly and delicious, our opening dinner is a great way to make friends with your fellow students. Prix fixe 3 course meal and tip is included in the price of the vacation.
Wine Cave Experience:
Taste the soul of Burgundy. The owner and maker of hand-crafted wines will guide us through a private and personalized cellar tasting into the heart of Burgundy’s world-known appellations. An exclusive, insider experience included in the price of the vacation.
|Thursday 6/20||--||4-6||7 Group dinner|
|Saturday 6/22||8-11||4-6||6:15 Wine Cave|
- Hospices de Beaune: Tour a medieval hospital and now museum established in 1443 and continuing its legacy of charitable medical care til today
- Route des Grands Crus: Bike, walk or drive through the vineyards visiting small villages with big appellations: Pommard, Meursault, Aloxe-Corton, Puligny-Montrachet—just to name a few!!
- Fallot: Tour their boutique production, learn their history and taste their aromatic mustards. Established 1840. Fallot is the only French mustard with production from France. They are just across the street from the yoga center
- Santenay Spa: Relax in their naturally soothing mineral baths. Have a wet or dry sauna, a massage and if you are brave, a cold plunge!
- Medieval ramparts of Beaune: Walk the ramparts and learn its history from the interactive placards along the route
- Abbaye de Citeaux: Established in 1098 as the original house of the Cistercian Order
- Amble: the cobbled streets of historic Beaune admiring its medieval architecture
- Wine-tasting: Beaune is the center of Burgundian viticulture. Drop in for a wine-tasting at one of the many famous wine cellars of Beaune
- Gourmet shops: Sample regional Burgundian and typically French delicacies from the many specialty ‘épiceries’ in Beaune
- Laser light show: One of our favorites! Take a self guided tour of the “Chemins de Lumières” where many of the most important historic facades of Beaune are painted with a dazzling laser light show literally illuminating the history of Beaune, its viniculture, seasons and ancient structures
- Come early and stay after!! Day trips from Beaune include 6 chateaux, 2 castles, 2 abbeys, hiking, camping and horseback riding in two national parks (Jura and Morvan), Dijon and its owl trail, Lyon and its famous murals and covered passages, the annual Le Creusot Blues Festival as well as bicycling or cruising along the Burgundy canal in self-drive boats or a hotel barge.
$490 includes 20 hours yoga, Thursday welcoming dinner & Saturday wine cave experience. Space is limited so register early.
$245 holds your spot. Full payment due by April 1st, 2024.
Cancellations before April 1st deposit returned less $50. Cancellation after April 1st no refund.
Mail a check to:
IYCSD - France Yoga Vacation
4869 Santa Monica Suite N
San Diego, CA 92107-2839
Please make checks payable to IYCSD and include your email & phone number.